While taking a print out of a document from your HP printer, you may come across several errors.
One of the most common of all errors that you come across is the HP printer error 49. This Service Error 49 does not allow your printer to have you the hard copy of the document instantly. There are scenarios where this error gets resolved by itself after a few minute or hour but then it seems like hell when you are in urgent need of a print out.
The HP printer error 49 is caused when the product undergoes an internal embedded software error. As already stated, the printer may restart automatically in many cases. This error is basically a firmware error that is either caused by the firmware itself or due to the failure of a printer module. See if the error occurs while performing a specific job. Maybe some bad information is being sent to the printer.
Try These First
It is recommended that you do not opt for instant technical assistance when the issue arises. There are a few things to consider before you choose taking expert advice on resolving the HP printer error 49. Some of them are as follows:
- Turn off the power of the printer. Wait for at least 30 seconds. Turn on the power. Let the printer initialize properly.
- Switch off your printer. Remove any installed EIO devices like Hard Drives, etc. switch on and see if it works.
- Cold Reset the device i.e. your printer
- Power off your printer. Remove optional memories. Turn on the printer and test.
- Power off and reset any memory and firmware module present on the formatter board. Switch on and test.
- Run the latest version of firmware. This may resolve the issue.
Fixing HP Printer Error 49
When it comes to fixing the service error 49 of the HP printer, the following steps can be considered.
Step 1: Take it as a temporary error
- Turn off the printer and unplug it from the network/computer
- Clear all pending jobs of printing in the queue
- Reboot the printer
- Reconnect the network/computer cable
- Test it again
Step 2: Mismatched or Corrupt Driver
If the printer error occurs while performing a specific job, there’s a possibility of the drivers being mismatch or corrupt. To resolve the issue in such a scenario, you can follow the steps below:
- Download the required printer driver. It is recommended to go for PCL 5 drivers and PostScript Drivers.
- Replace the old one with the new one
- A right driver will resolve the problem
Step 3: Network Card is at fault
In case of HP, the JetDirect network card should be tested. To do so, you can:
- Connect the network card to the printer using an alternate connection like USB
- See if the job is now being performed well
- If yes, replace the network card
Step 4: A damaged or failing accessory or memory chip
The accessories like optional hard drives, memory chips, and etc. if fail to function; it may lead to the service error 49. In such a scenario, you need to:
- Try to remove those accessories
- Reboot the device with different accessory or memory chip
Step 5: A failing formatter
A formatter assembly is the circuit board that controls the logic and deals with the data from the computer. It is that component of the printing process that issue sprint commands to devices. If this is the issue, contacting the HP tech support helpdesk can help.
Scope of Services
- Our HP technical support team for resolutions helps you in getting all your technical issues resolved at the earliest.
- You only need to make your problem clear to our representatives. Once they know the problem, they will provide you the instructions to resolve the same.
- You can connect with us via email, live chat or through the multiple telephone lines that we offer to customers and clients.
- Feel free to call us on +1 (800) 828 6304 to know more.