Cartridge inks are meant to be used regularly. An idle printer means waste of the expensive ink cartridges that you have installed in them. Once opened the shelf life of an average ink cartridge is three to four weeks. If you use the printer intermittently then the drying out time varies. There are some simple ways to protect your expensive cartridges from drying. Let us have a look at them:
- Take at least one print out once a week. If your printer has colored ink cartridges, make sure you take out colored print outs.
- It is advisable to take regular ink tests to ensure the level of ink in the cartridges.
- When you buy a new cartridge, please check the expiry date of the cartridge. An expired ink cartridge can not only result in bad quality print outs, but it can seriously harm the internal parts of your printer.
- You should regularly clean the cartridge- contacts and inspect for any ink spills.
The Scope of Services:
Feel free to contact our team of experts at:
- 1-800-828-6304 for a customized service on your issues.
- Live-chat with us for technical support.