Canon printers are one of the most widely used printers in most of the offices across the globe. Whether in office or at home, when we need to print an important document, it is always better to use Canon printers as these are one of the most reliable printers. But, that does not mean that you won’t face any technical glitches while using Canon printers. You give the Print command and wait for the printed document but nothing appears and you get the message “Printer is offline”. Isn’t this frustrating? What do you do? Let’s find out below:
Causes of the Canon Printer Offline Error
- The most common cause of this Canon Printer Offline Error is when your system cannot communicate with the Canon printer.
- Another possible cause is that your Canon printer’s power cable may not be properly plugged
- Loose USB-cable connection
- Loose wireless LAN connection
- Canon printer is not the default printer
- Printer driver or software problem
Steps to Resolve Canon Printer Offline Error
- Check for loose LAN connection. The computer and wireless router might have lost connection. For this you have to restart the computer.
- It may also be that the printer and the router may not be communicating. In this case, turn off the printer, remove the power cable, reinstall the power cable, wait for some time and then turn on the printer to restore communication.
Another possible cause of the error may be when the USB and cable are not properly connected. Check the connecting points, plug the cable tight, turn off the printer and then again turn on the printer.
Check if your Canon printer’s offline feature is enabled on the Control Panel by clicking on “Devices and Printers” and checking on the offline feature in “Printers”. Disable “Use Printer Offline” or select “Use Printer Online” to make it online.
Cancel all print jobs or Cancel all documents in print queue. One reason for Canon Printer error code can be when a print job gets stuck in middle of the printing process. So follow Method 3 to set the printer back online and try printing a new page.
Sometimes you will have to reinstall the printer drivers. Download the latest driver from the Canon’s official website and follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall it.
Another solution is to uninstall and the reinstall your Canon printer software.
You also can check whether your Canon Printer is set as your default printer or not.
Still Facing Problems in Resolving Canon Printer Offline Error? Contact us Immediately
If none of the recommendations mentioned above are helpful in resolving your issue, then it is necessary for you to get in touch with professional help. Call us at +1-800-828-6304 and get instant help from technical experts. Take external assistance from us. Canon Printer tech support team will help in diagnosing and troubleshooting issues with your Canon printer. Don’t hesitate to call us for instant printer support.
The Scope of Services
- We deal with all printer issues, irrespective of their brand, make or model.
- Our certified and experienced technicians are available 24×7
- Our team can provide help immediately so that your work is not disturbed
- We can give telephonic support as well as support in person
- Our services are reliable and affordable